dimanche 6 novembre 2016

Easy way to remove hard drive from 2006 iMac before trashing it

So my 2006 iMac just won't start up again. Nothing. Dead.

Because I basically used it as a media centre, I didn't often back it up but I think there's a few things on it that I wouldn't mind getting back or at least making sure nothing's on there that I'd like.

I really don't see any point in paying someone $75 to remove the hard drive to check it out, though.

All the videos/tutorials are very careful about how to remove the hard drives because the assumption is the iMac will be passed along or updated.

I'm not going to do that so I can be 'less careful' in getting it out (but not destroying the hard drive itself).

Anybody done something like this (and lived to tell the tale)?

Many thanks!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2eCUqSF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire