mardi 2 juin 2020

Will OCR help with this?

Seeking some technical guidance regarding a book my 94 year old Mum-in-law is writing.

The issues are numerous . I’ll do my best to sum up what I’m up against.

The book has been written entirely as a PDF**using MS “Wordpad”.

The process to spell check the PDF’s and make other corrections is remarkably painful to the point I offered some assistance only to discover what I thought may be a somewhat*easy fix is anything but…

I’ve used google docs to convert the pdf’s to Libreoffice ,odt which allows spell checking BUT all ‘images’ do not carry over. This means all images would have to be imported and inserted back in the appropriate spots.**This would be a more daunting process that I am willing to undertake. Why? You might ask….

Well the book is now up to approximate 500 pages with more to come and on those 500 pages there are more than SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE images!!! With more to come.

I’m aware of the limitations PDF’s present but Wordpad is the only app mum feels comfortable with and at this point 500 pages in… what do you do?

I’m wondering if an OCR program of some description can be employed to convert the complete document with all images/photo’s in tact in place.

Hopefully I’ve explained my dilemma. Thanks for what comes back.

CliveK
* *
macOS 10.15.4


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/3dvRVxM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire