samedi 2 juin 2018

2010 MacBook Pro Issues

Hello!

Some background:

I refurbish/fix/repair MacBooks as a little side gig. I'm also getting into board level repairs but haven't done much with that yet (have all the equipment on my desk but my gosh the learning curve is steep).

I have two matching 13" MacBook Pro, Mid-2010. 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo.

One of them had display issues and I had the board repaired (the LVDS connector was pooched).

The other one came from ebay without power issues, but it has the same problem as the first.

They both turn on.

They both sit at the boot option menu if you hold "Option" when booting.

The first unit came with an old OS installed (maybe snow leopard?), and it worked fine (with no display). Once it was repaired, it did boot up without issue to this old install.
I nuked the HDD and reinstalled High Sierra (I've since tried with Sierra, El Capitan, and Snow Leopard).

The issues:

- When a fresh install HDD is in the units, they will turn on, boot, and come to the Apple Logo/loading bar. The bar will go about 2/3 of the way, and then get stuck. Sometimes it will sit stuck, sometimes the unit will restart on it's own and continue in that cycle.

It will experience the same issue booting from an internally installed HDD or SSD with High Sierra.

It will experience the same issue booting from the SSD through external USB adapter.

It will experience the same issue booting from a USB installer.

I think it's safe to say it is a board issue, but thought it was weird that two of the same units have the exact same problem, so here I am for advice.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2Jbw9QL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire