mercredi 16 janvier 2019

Are iPhones Overpriced?

I was having a discussion with some folks and even had a little chat on twitter about it, and I wondered mostly because of the recent conversations and statements coming from Cook how the Chinese and emerging markets were the cause of this revision of earnings/forecast.

I had to lol because emerging markets aren't the ones to depend on to purchase luxury items. All manufacturers outside of  are making a low tier phone available in these markets - which is why Android has such a strangle hold there - and I just don't see how  can change that outcome w/o lowering prices.

Now, they've apparently cut prices in China already (around 20%), and IDK about you guys, but all i've been seeing of late are ads for iPhone trade ins w/ lower priced X models etc... and they are planning a new one for 2019. Whoa. There's some chatter about whether they should bring back the SE, like an SE2. đŸ€·đŸŸ*♂️

That last iPhone maxed out was just under $2000. I just don't see how this is sustainable. I know die hards who were on that yearly upgrade cycle have cut that. Personally, I just moved to a 7 Plus 1 month ago. I just didn't feel like going all out - when I didn't need to.

Feature rich as they are, I wonder if ppl are starting to hit the ceiling on costs. And this interview wasn't mega convincing either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHUz63xFyyw

thoughts?

H!


via ehMac.ca http://bit.ly/2CsMTRo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire