mardi 26 février 2019

AppleCare changes - to our detriment

A friend called me from an Apple Store today, asking for advice on which model of laptop to purchase, replacing a 2014 MacBook Air that was nearing it's EOL (following liquid damage).

Given his needs and budget, I suggested a late-2018 MacBook Air, now with Retina screen.

Just before checking out, he calls me back to ask about AppleCare. I suggest he wait until the end of the first year, to spread out the cost of his purchase (90 day support is sufficient; it's the hardware we're concerned about these days, with good reason).

Imagine my surprise - that's no longer the way it works. AppleCare's extension to 3 years of coverage must be made within 60 days of purchase now. (AppleCare)

IMHO, Dumb Move, Apple. You've just increased the up-front cost of a new Mac.

I need to upgrade soon, and I honestly don't know where I'm going to find the cash to get the model that I want.... :(


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2H9xwRs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire