mercredi 26 juillet 2017

Your oldest working Mac?

Another thread on a 2010 MBP inspired this.

What is your oldest Mac that is still used regularly? What are you doing with it?

From me, I have a 2008 (?) Core Duo Mini running Lion that is a 'buildbot' for an open source software project. It sits in a corner and compiles a large software system every time there is a change committed to the project's repository. It doesn't matter that it takes 30-40 minutes to complete the build. The developers (all on Linux) get notified if they make a change that breaks the build on OS X. I've been doing this for about 2 years now.

I also have a Mac SE from 1990 that still runs. I have it set up as a 'prop' in an old house we're trying to sell. I wanted a room to look like an office and the SE helps with that and is a conversation piece. But I don't use it in any regular way so it is kind of outside the scope of this thread.

Craig


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2ux3LDz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire