mercredi 8 août 2018

Using the Mac while doing a backup?

I usually do a backup of the various Macs in the family during the night.

Forgot to do one last night for a family member who is leaving on a two week trip today and we wanted to do a backup before she leaves.
We managed to find just enough time before she had to get to the airport to complete the backup (while not using the Mac during that time) but I was wondering if I could have done small tasks, like check email or simple short web searches while the backup was in progress without messing up the backup.

I realize anything I download at that time or my emails may not be backed up - that is not an issue - I just wondered if using the Mac for any tasks during the backup could affect the backup file.
using CCC or
using SuperDuper
if there is a difference.


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2MwcNay

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire