dimanche 25 novembre 2018

To Upgrade or Not Upgrade - That is The Question

I'm currently running El Capitan, 27" iMac, mid 2010.
System works OK, older software works OK, but the whole machine is getting slower and slower. Cleaned cashes etc with Onyx, cleared most icons/aliases off desktop etc etc etc.
Speed increased a bit but still slowwww. ( 2.50 minutes to boot up, Safari slow to open sites etc etc.?)

My problem is, do I find & re-install El Capitan? Upgrade to Sierra, or go for High Sierra.
Many of the new "features" in Sierra & High Sierra are not of interest to me - Storing stuff in iCloud would just be a very slow P.I.T.A!

I have a clean partition available on my internal drive, currently have a bootable copy of Snow Leopard & El Capitan with separate back-ups, so if I screw up an install I think I can revert to where I am at the moment.

I would appreciate any sage advice and or (polite) suggestions from the membership here.


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2zt27oz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire