samedi 20 juillet 2019

kernel panic on old Dual G4

I have been slowly trying to get things in order to edit, or at least get video from old DV tapes I have from various trips and family functions. Going to be borrowing a DV camera from a friend and needed a computer with FireWire. I have 2 old Dual G4's in my basement, I lugged them up to my home office and plugged the first one in. It booted up surprisingly quick. Has a whopping 2 gigs of RAM! and 4 Hard drives which should be perfect once I clear them all to store a bunch of video files. Out of curiosity I tried the second one. This one just gives me a beep when it tries to start up and that is where it ends. I was not too concerned as the other one worked. I booted the other one up again to see what I had on there. Had to go out for a bit and left it on. Came back to a black screen, assumed it was asleep. No keyboard commands or mouse clicks would wake it so I was forced to do a hard reset by pulling the power plug.

Since then it does not boot up, I get the Apple logo and then a kernel panic. It is all gibberish to me, have attached a picture of it. What should I be looking for to get this thing booting again properly? It has been sitting unplugged for well over 10 years if not more. Not sure what OS it has loaded but don't think that matters much at this state.

IMG_1039 by B P, on Flickr


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2O8AbjL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire