jeudi 30 janvier 2020

Going nuts with Time Capsule replacement options

Have you ever been in one of those situations where everybody has an opinion and no solution seems to fit? ...

My TC has been unreliable for ages (needs an unplug/reboot every couple of days) and nothing Apple does seems to fix this so I'm going to bite the bullet and change devices.

I first looked at NAS enclosures to plug into my Netgear PoE switch but couldn't find anything compact/reliable with good Mac/Time Machine reviews.

I then looked at USB to Ethernet converters but these look very much like hit & miss with none getting rock solid reviews.

So what should a man do? I want t a plug-in and forget HD solution for my Time Machine backups. I'm prepared to recycle the TC's HD or open a couple of external (powered) drives.

I need something that has been tested in a Time Machine setup.

Any suggestions? - Thanks


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2u4opxn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire