dimanche 10 mai 2020

Inexpensive Bluetooth Speaker for iMac

I may have mentioned this is another thread... for some time I've been looking for a cheap BT speaker to use in our room to provide audio streamed from my iMac on family movie night, when we'd rather not disturb others in our home.

I've purchased (and returned) at least five of these things over the past year, in various shapes and from different brands. On the weekend I came across the Moodlab Mini BT Speaker at the Dollar Store...for $4. How can you go wrong? Of course I picked one up, expecting it to be as useless as the others I'd tried.

(Audiophiles should stop here, since this product is definitely not for you!)

This is the first one that would pair with my iMac (the others all paired with our iPhones and Android phones, but never with the Mac). Works exactly as advertised, easy to pair / charge.

Haven't tried out the TF card slot or USB slot, both of which are for playing music saved on a card or memory stick. We just used it to watch a film, and it served its purpose. Not amazing audio by any means, but a helpful addition for localized sound.

It also claims to allow you to make / answer calls on your smartphone (I wonder about on my Mac? Hmmm). Feature not tested yet.

My only issue with this thing (and hey, at $4, it's hard to have any issues with it) is the inability to turn off the flashing LED ring. In a dark room especially, it's distracting. Next time we'll set it behind our heads. The LED ring doesn't flash in any obvious pattern - nor does it follow the decibels of the audio signal (which might make it less annoying). All in all, I'd definitely recommend.

To see it in action, check out this kid's review of the device.

They come in a variety of colours. Mine is gold & black. Here's another colour:



via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2LkjOMJ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire