mercredi 6 mai 2020

iPad and stupid Apple

I'm so frustrated!

// start rant!

So we're in isolation with 2 young kids at home. We have 2 iPad Pro 12.9"'s that my wife and I use for entertainment for ourselves (I use mine for work when I meet with clients, however that hasn't happened in nearly 9+ weeks now).

Our kids have anywhere from 6-8 zoom meetings a day for their classes. They're too young to give our spare MBP to, and they can navigate the ipad easily.

We've setup a screen with the kids apps, so they can get in there and do what they want, and I've setup screen time to limit the time they spend on Youtube Kids and Netflix, and prevent purchases if they're playing any game that we put on there that might have an in-app purchase.

My issue is that there are email, facebook, linkedin, our zoom meetings and chats that pop up on the tablets. We want to prevent the kids from getting into there, however stupid Apple made stupid iOS so that there aren't profiles, so we can't limit them to just some specific apps. ARGH!

I don't want to shell out insane money to even get used or refurb'd ipads. I paid well over $3k for these!

// end rant


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/3bayoRi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire