mardi 4 avril 2017

Bare minimum specs for music production???

I know it depends what you do and what you need.

I record drums and require minimum of 4 tracks. (Kick, Snare and two Overheads)

I mostly use Pro Tools 10.

I've been using countless devices, Maxed Out 2012 Mac Mini Quad, maxed out late 2013 iMac, maxed out 13" and 15" rMBPs...etc.

Recently I've sold my desktop and went for a 2015 13" rMBP, thinking that it would probably be able to handle basic 4 track recording. (2.4Ghz 8gb 128gb I think)

When I started recording, it gave me overload error, I reduced it down to 3 tracks, same after 2 seconds of recording, went for 2 tracks, same thing.

I did not have any plug-ins, wifi was off, no program was running other than PT.

Make long story short, what will be your "bare-bone" set up for hard recording? Funny even mentioning "bare-bone" cause it will still cost fortune...

Some says Logic could handle same stuff much lighter than PT, but I am strictly using PT for now. Probably will grab Apple's new educational program pack.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2nZI7o4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire