lundi 1 mai 2017

Deleted Time Machine, Can't Empty Trash

Hey everyone,

A few days ago I was having some troubles with my Time Machine external drive, so I decided to reassign to a temporary hard drive until I bought a new one. Once I bought my new drive and reassigned again, I wanted to clear the TM back up off my temp drive so I could resume using it for other things.

Problem is, after having dragged the TM backup to the trash, I now can't empty it. Every 2 seconds I get an error saying "The operation can't be completed because the item 'item' is in use."

Even after restarting, these items are still in use, even though Time Machine is technically writing to an all new drive. And I can't use Activity Monitor to quit TM for some reason—it doesn't let me.

I'd really like to avoid formatting that temp drive, as I have other things on it and it would save me a bit of headache having to move other things off it in order to format it and then move them back.

Any ideas on how to get this darn trash to empty?

Thanks!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2oZLPLJ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire