mardi 9 mai 2017

Help? How usefuluseful is an older Mac pro?

HI folks... new user here, in fact... I've never even owned a mac! I have an outdated pc (1.8ghz processor is soldered to the motherboard and cant be changed, ram is maxed out at 8gb, on board video sucks and its a mini case with a little power supply, so adding an external video card is pointless... can't be upgraded) and now I'm thinking about purchasing an outdated Mac pro. LOL My question is, is it worth considering?

I'm looking at a used 2008 Mac pro. I know Mac pros are workhorses, and in new condition would be so far out of my reach, I wouldn't even consider it, but this seems like a good deal to me - if it will work for what I need. I would like to be able to edit video and music for my little YouTube channel. My pc can't handle 4K or 1080p 60fps video at all! I'd also like to be able to run my flight simulators. I'm wondering if you Mac guru''s can offer your opinion? What I know is this...

Mac Pro 2 x 3.0 GHz Quad 8-Core Intel Xeon Processor, 32 bit and 64 bit compatible Workstation, DVD Superdrive, 2GB Ram, 1.2TB HDD Storage, OS X, Ready for 2 Displays, Built to last and huge Expandability, Comes with Apple keyboard and Mouse and Retail Box, Great for Music or Video Production Studio, Nice clean Mac Pro, Not Used Much, Cost New Over $5000, Selling $499 OBO.

OK. .. so it's only got 2gb ram. I'm guessing that is the first thing that would need upgrading. Anyone know what ram this guy would need? I'm curious if the video card would be strong enough for my needs?

Thanks in advance for any advise you may have!


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2qpCq5D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire