mercredi 11 avril 2018

Trying to Get a Keynote Presentation from Mac to iPad: My Epic Saga

Rant Warning!

I created a Keynote presentation on my Mac and wanted to present it on my iPad. Should be simple right?

Good God, it was a 3 hour exercise in utter frustration.

I followed this: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph3497?locale=en_US

First, I tried to use the iTunes method to share the file. Keynote just didn't show up in iTunes no matter what I tried (synch, update, etc.).

Then, I tried to email the file between the devices. That sort of worked but the Keynote did not open in iOS Keynote. It opened in some kind of viewer app.

Then I tried sharing via iCloud. The file shows up in iCloud but when I try to open it on my iPad, I get a message that I need to turn on iCloud sharing in my Keynote settings. I checked 5 times and it's on. But the message keeps on keeping on.

Finally, I thought I'd try to share it via Google Drive. The file is there but it's greyed out.

I think, at the root of it, it's all due to incompatibility of Keynote versions. This is the same sort of frustration that caused me to abandon Pages.

"The versions are sort of but not really compatible. We don't really give you any path for converting the various versions. And we certainly don't offer any message to let you know that's the problem"

So right now, I'm in the midst of recreating the entire presentation. USING GOOGLE SLIDES.

That might be the absolute last time I try using an Apple desktop app. What happened to the Apple I used to know and love? Sigh.


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2Hj6TKm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire