dimanche 20 mai 2018

In the Users folder, my primary Home Folder has a red dot with the minus symbol.

I will not go into what I did, or why I did it, but my primary Home Folder is now unattainable, showing a red dot with the minus symbol, on the lower righthand corner of the folder.

I’ve already tried various ways to rectify the situation, without success.

Is there a quick and easy, safe and simple, way to regain access to my primary Home Folder?

What I have noticed so far.

1/ With a Safe Mode start, the Login Window appears to be normal. The primary and other users are shown.

2/ If I select the primary user, the desktop window opens with only the spinning wheel shown. The only way to get out of it, is to do a shutdown with the power button.

3/ In the Users & Groups preference pane, the primary user is shown, but there is no login items option shown, only the Reset Password option.

4/ In the Users Folder, the folder for the primary user has the red dot with the minus symbol.

5/ If I try to replace that particular folder with a Time Machine backup of the most recent folder without the red dot, ‘The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred. (Error Code - 8003)

6/ Get Info of the of the problematic folder inside the Users folder, Sharing & Permissions: You have unknown access.

iMac Retina 4K, 21.5 inch, late 2015
10.13.4


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2LgFzMf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire