mercredi 16 mai 2018

Some websites "pretend" to load, but browser stays on the old page! Weird!

OK, I have a relatively new issue on my 27" Late 2013 iMac running macOS 10.13.4.

This happens with any browser (Safari, Opera, Firefox)

Some sites, sometimes, "pretend" to load, but do not. If I clicked on the offending link from some other page, the browser shows the progress bar as though it's loading the site, and then stays on the same page from where I clicked the link. The URL bar however shows the new page URL. When I press the "reload" button, it reloads the original page and not the one I clicked.

Say for example I was on google.com, and I typed twitter.com in the URL bar. The progress bar shows as though it's loading twitter.com, "completes" loading, and the URL bar shows "twitter.com" but the page stays on google.com. When I hit Reload, it reloads google.com and the URL too changes to google.com.

If I had started from a blank page and I type the URL into the bar, the behaviour is the same - it pretends to load, but the page stays blank.

One example of such a page where I face this issue is http://ww17.lanefx.com/news/10-reaso...t-mirrors.html. Another example is twitter.com.

I thought it might be a cache issue or cookies issue, so I tried deleting everything; but it did not help. Also, that theory does not really hold water because it happens with every browser; and it is highly unlikely that every browser should have the identical cache issue on exactly the same page.

I tried changing DNSes, that too did not help.

I used twitter as an example because this happens with twitter too.

This is a problem that I do not know how to google for, since I have no way to form a search phrase for this. See how much test it took me to even describe this issue.
I would appreciate any pointers on what else I could try.

Thanks and cheers


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2KoUv9N

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire