lundi 22 août 2016

2009 MBP Wifi Connected to Router OK, 2013 MBA Won't

I recently picked up a 2013 13" Macbook Air. I've been having issues with wifi ever since (slow or unresponsive, constant signal drop outs). I've been struggling with it for hours trying different things, deleting various preferences, changing settings... FINALLY, I thought to try tethering from my iPhone, low and behold it works FINE (except the stupid iPhone won't tether with wifi, only LTE so it's eating up my data quick).

Anyway, the problem is obviously with the router and how this Macbook Air is communicating with it. My 2009 Macbook Pro connected to it just fine, as does the Surface Pro I have. So SOMETHING is up with this freakin Macbook Air, and I have no idea what it is.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this damn thing to work properly? The router is my neighbours (we're splitting internet), so I can't log in and change settings, but honestly I really shouldn't have to if 3 of my other devices all connect JUST FINE without having to do anything extra.

Any help getting this fixed will be greatly appreciated! I'm selling my two other machines, so I need to get this wifi working asap.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2bK7qCW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire