vendredi 21 octobre 2016

iOS 10 & iCloud no longer pushes emails to phone

so ever since iOS 10 has been out and installed on my wife's iphone - she no longer receives emails as they arrive - she receives emails in bursts - hours apart, or if she manually opens her mail app.

I verified all her settings, erased network settings also went as far as buying a new iPhone for myself, reformatting my old iPhone for and same issue, but the exchange account still functions.

a quick fix was to toggle the notification settings for mail - which functioned for about an hour then it stopped again - pushing iCloud..

So I finally decided to forward my wife's emails to her private domain on our exchange servers which still work. - but apple's forwarding setting in icloud.com - fails, as it is an open relay rather than a proper email forward - which tier 2 was upset/shocked to find out, as hotmail, gmail and our private servers don't allow relaying..

the work around was to create rules.. and they seem to work, until iOS team patches the server and iOS push issue.. I was fortunate enough to have a staff member from apple who was on the dev team working on 10.1 to work with me.. below i have screen captures how to do a quick fix for forwarding and links to the other users having the same problem.
Push email delays | MacRumors Forums



via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2dtpghX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire