lundi 24 octobre 2016

Workaround - Camera not mounting in El Capitan

I thought I should mention this just incase anyone else here is having a problem connecting their camera with El Capitan, I’ve found a workaround - sort of!

Since I’ve installed El Capitan I’ve been unable to connect my Minolta Dimage to my 2010 iMac. If I switch back to Snow Leopard (10.6.8), No problem, camera mounts and I can transfer photos easily.

With El Capitan - no way. I tried different USB ports, iPhoto, Photo, Bridge (CS3), Image Capture, reset PRAM - nothing worked. Searched online - lots of complaints about cameras and/or SD cards not showing up on the desktop, lots of suggestions, but no solution. Apparently Apple has “improved” USB.

In desperation I tried the USB ports on my Cinema Display and BINGO! they worked!

Can transfer photos without having to reboot into Snow Leopard.

Not a perfect solution but good enough for me.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2eAuqFx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire