dimanche 30 décembre 2018

Time Machine Restore / Migration Assistant help needed

iMac 27" Late 2013, macOS Mojave 10.14.2, with all updates done. I have two user accounts on this machine - mine and my wife's.

I have the issue of blank screen after logging out of the Guest Account (does not happen when logging out of any of the other two user accounts).

I also have another issue once the machine goes to sleep after logging out of any account. When I press any key to wake the machine so that I can log in, it takes a few presses of the key for the machine to wake up; and once it does, there's a quick blanking of the screen and it flicks back on.

Apple is unable to help with this issue and told me to do a clean install; hence the following question:

Let's say I do a Time Machine backup of the full system.

I then do a clean install of Mojave, and create a new dummy account so that I can use Migration Assistant to restore our old accounts and data.

Now, I do not wish to restore applications, I shall reinstall each individually. I only need to restore the data and emails and keychain passwords for both accounts.

The Migration Assistant info available online does not specifically address this question - if I choose to only restore the two users, will all the old emails be restored properly along with the accounts info and passwords and the POP/SMTP settings etc.? We are still old-fashioned and prefer POP3 to IMAP.

And will it also restore the keychains?

Thanks and cheers


via ehMac.ca http://bit.ly/2VejOlb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire