lundi 17 décembre 2018

Want to replace my wide-fprmal AIO - which one to get?

Hi,

I have an Epson WF-7520 wide-format printer/scanner that has been working hard and is starting to give me problems - doesn't recognize a replacement cartridge at times and the contact that determines if the paper tray is inserted properly has also become a bit touchy.

So I think it is time to replace this.

I need a wide-format printer & scanner that can handle at least 11 x 17 inch paper and also scan at least that size.
Fax, WiFi, card readers and things like that are not necassary, but I would like one that takes non-OEM ink without complaints.
Two paper trays are handy, so is a separate paper feed that can take very heavy paper, like 100 lbs.

Seems the only contenders are
1. Epson WF-7720 at $300.- list with a sale price of $200.- occasionally, or
2. HP Office Jet pro 7740 at $250.- right now at Staples.

I don't think Canon makes anything like that.

In the past, HP was not very Mac-friendly, but Epson can drive me up the wall with their "Can't recognize cartridge" problems even if you use Epson OEM cartridges.

Has anyone used the HP printer with a Mac?
What is their current compatibility?
Any other printers I should consider?


via ehMac.ca https://ift.tt/2UVscpg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire