lundi 23 novembre 2015

VW Diesel and emissions scandal

Blatant fraud choking us out. Wherever I travel I see more VW's broken down on the side of the road than any other vehicle. In North America, the Dodge Caravan gets an honourable mention though.

Very unhappy with VW for the diesel fraud, seems they also deliberately put cheat devices into high performance VW, Audi and Porsche vehicles too. Subaru makes a boxer diesel that they will not bring into North America because the performance an mileage would be terrible to meet emission standards. So VW cheated.

Long ago when I was a broke hippy dippy young dude travelling around in my VW Bus, had an electrical problem and a little hole in the exhaust. Well, in the far north could not fix it myself, and no mechanic wanted to touch it. So I sputtered into the local VW dealer asking them to patch it up so I could get home.

They refused to touch it unless I bought a brand new VW muffler for $500. They refused to bring in the aftermarket one for $200, or fix the electric problem until I had this fixed. This was big bucks back then, so I was really pissed off that they would not give me a break, and prefer to leave me stranded.

After I got the Kraut Can home, I sent a letter to the dealer and VW Canada about my displeasure. The response I got basically said screw you. I haven't owned a VW product since. the people I know that have them, all seem to be plagued with a lot of expensive repairs and break downs regardless of the model. There seem to be a few stories out there about people having bad experiences with the dealers as well.

If you care about the environment, your budget (the VW repair costs kill any advantages that the fuel economy gives you), corporate integrity, don't get a VW.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1Lwt5XY

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire