jeudi 30 novembre 2017

Migration, permissions issue

I installed an SSD in my MBP2010. When tried to migrate from the original drive (external now) migration failed. Never got past "Starting up" after hours (all night) so I quit and because it returned me to the migration choice page I migrated from my Timemachine backup which mostly went well except that somewhere in the process I had top create a new user. Everything migrated except the Music and Pictures folders.

I went back and tried to Restore the Pictures folder from Timemachine and was left with this:-Attachment 82817
Note the l;itle red minus on Pictures!!!
I can't delete, Trash, or put anything in it!

I have managed to sort out the permissions on the old drive so that I have managed to sort out the Music folder and could move the original Pictures folder or contents but I can't do anything about getting rid of or modifying the folder with the red minus???

I tried sudo rmdir in Terminal and it replied "permission denied"........ ??

What do I do?

Any suggestions welcome....... :)

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 21.22.06.png (23.9 KB)


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2jyHNcB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire