samedi 9 décembre 2017

10.13.2 update bricked my 2010 MBPro

2010 MacBook Pro 17".

I clicked on the 10.13.2 update. I let the machine alone for the next half an hour without observing what was going on.

When I came back I found that it had restarted, and had a Grey screen with the "Prohibited" symbol on the screen - a circle with a backslash running through it.

Restarting in Safe mode did noting, it came back to the same screen.

SMC and PRAM reset too did not help - came back to the same screen.

Now, I have a High Sierra Installer USB key and I am trying to boot from that. My plan is to see if I can do a disk repair from that and check if that helps; otherwise I shall next try reinstalling the OS from that USB.

Waiting for it to boot from the USB..................................

Disk Utility showed no errors of any kind. Now trying to start again from the internal hard drive.........................

Still waiting............................ (Interestingly, when I changed Startup Drive from Disk Utility, it showed the internal drive as 10.13.2, meaning, the OS has already been updated.

Still waiting...................................

HA, OK, booted and showed the login screen!

I wonder what the problem was and why this happened! Any thoughts?

Also, I read while googling for help that some people had this problem recur while rebooting later; I need to see if this happens to me too. Until then, ciao!

Cheers


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2B27QUm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire