samedi 10 février 2018

What Say You??

Of course nowhere near the comprehensive presentation the jurors saw. The big question for me is if this had been a group of local high school kids would the verdict have been the same?

I live close enough to a reserve that I encounter Indians at least weekly. Jekyl and Hyde comes to mind when describing those encounters. Sober they tend to be extremely courteous and the very opposite of threatening. Drunk they can be aggressive and very intimidating. I am sure most of the members of the jury have similar observations. While the article glosses over it, those Indians were drunk, they were also causing damage, and were seemingly intent on stealing a vehicle. One of them was also armed. I would have asked myself the question posed above but would probably have voted not-guilty.

‘Denied justice’: Emotional reaction outside court after not guilty verdict in Gerald Stanley trial | Calgary Herald


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2BRDEMI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire