dimanche 27 mars 2016

spinning disc - ram use question

Hi,

I am frequently getting the spinning disc lock up and usually it releases but sometimes not. This may be a silly question but would 3.99 or 4 gig of RAM being used be the issue?


Attachment 67394


I only had Firefox open, 4 o 5 tabs and the activity monitor which said it was only using about 46% or so of overall CPU. The amount of available RAM became nearly 4 gig when I quit Firefox. With just ehmac open now, I'm using 1.57 GB.

I'm wondering if I double the RAM from 4 to 8, I will see less of the spinning disc. But I also see that my machine is considered antique now. It's a 2010 with Snow Leopard.

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2016-03-27 at 11.48.05 AM.jpg (29.2 KB)


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1MtM7pf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire