samedi 30 juillet 2016

Problem configuring Roaming Wifi network

I’ve just purchased an Airport Extreme and I intend to use it as my router & combine it with our existing one year old Time Capsule to create a roaming Wifi network.

The new Airport Extreme (refurbished) is located in my studio/office - directly connected to our wireless broadband internet (WAN port)

Our small ethernet is connected to my iMac [mid 2010 running OSX 10.11.5] & a PC and extends to 2 other areas through an ethernet switch.

This setup runs just fine, our internet speed has improved slightly - bit better than our old T-Link router. Wifi accessible in whole house - better on one side.

The Time Capsule (2TB) is connected via ethernet on the far side of the house, provides Time Machine back-up and solid Wifi to that area.
This Time Capsule arrangement was an existing setup that ran perfectly with the T-Link before I bought the Airport Extreme.

I’ve used the Airport Utility to set everything up, and it appears to work.

The Problem Is:

With both the Time Capsule & the Extreme connected & active, the internet connection gradually slows down and grinds to a halt. - The Wifi seems to follow suit but is much more gradual.

If I turn off the Time Capsule, the internet connection is back to normal, the Wifi signal from the Airport Extreme is strong and extends to almost all areas.

I initially had problems configuring to two units, so I reset both to factory default and from that point managed to get everything working - except that the internet connection slows down. Each time I visit a different web-site, it takes longer to load/link up.

I spoke with our ISP, the link to our tower is solid. The tech suggested that I set the Wifi on each unit to use a different channel (2 frequencies & several channels each available).

So far this has not solved the problem, I will continue making adjustments.

I’ve Googled this - most answers are not up to date - usually 2012, 13, 14. and not directly related to my situation. But I will continue my search.

I would appreciate it If anyone here has any suggestions


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2aksUKu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire