jeudi 28 septembre 2017

Why is my 2016 mbp startup slower than my previous mac mini???

So just a general question, maybe some of you might be able to answer. I own a 2016 mbp for about a month or so now. Used to own a 2012 mac mini.

here are the specs.

mbp 2.6ghz quad core i7
16gb ram
256 pcie ssd (at least i think that's what it has)

here are the specs for my previous mac mini (I sold it, do not own it any more)

2.3ghz i7 quad core
16gb ram
250gb samsung 840 ssd

So disclaimer, I didn't run any side by side test. This is just overall feel of the speed.

One thing i noticed both on Sierra (not high sierra). The mac mini would startup a lot faster. Which makes no sense to me. The mini has a slower core speed, and the ssd is a lot old, and its not pcie.

When it comes to geekbench, the mbp beats it. I do remember the multicore score of my mini to be around 12,000 give or take a bit. mbp gets around 14,400 multicore. I'm not sure if startup even uses multicore processors. I can't clearly remember what the single core scores were, but I'm sure the mbp beat my previous mini in that catagory as well.

I've also test the ssd speeds. The mbp gets about 2000 read speed in black magic disk speed test. I remember the mini get somewhere around 400 in read speed. Write speeds, was even slower in the mini.

So why would a mac mini start up faster?

fyi, overall speed after startup is faster on my mbp though. I won't be buying another 2012 mac mini, but i was curious to see if any body had any insight on why a slower machine would be faster on startup?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2xNqJbC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire