mardi 17 octobre 2017

iMac - CD's eject very slowly or not at all

Cleaning house I found a G3 iMac.
It booted up fine and is running 10.4.3 - from what I gather 10.4.x is the latest OS it can run.

Problem is that CD's are ejected either very slowly or not at all.
Not all CD's but most.
The odd CD ejects fine with no problem and others don't eject at all until I try several times and then grab the edge of the CD and pull it out.

I wonder if there is any way to try to fix this without taking the whole iMac apart - maybe lubricate the drive somehow.
Or, since this iMac has been sitting idle for years, maybe more use will help.

I read on the net that a drive belt in the iMac stretches over time preventing the rollers that push the CD out from turning if there is too much resistance....but even if I take the iMac apart - it doesn't look as if there is a proper replacement for this belt if that in fact is the problem.

Anyone come across this problem and can suggest something to try/

I also have a similar problem with the drive on a 2011 MacBook Pro - there I have to tilt the Mac so gravity helps to get the disk out.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2yyO1m9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire