mercredi 31 janvier 2018

2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WiFi Router?

My old router just quit so I bought a new D-Link AC1200 router that uses both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless transmission.

The 5GHz option is a newer standard so I figured it must be better, but....

When I set it up on the 5GHz band, I had the Wireless connection between the router and two different ipads and a 2012 MacBook pro drop every once is a while (which never happened before with the old 2.4GHz router).

I also have a Mac Mini connected wirelessly at 5GHz - it has no problem staying connected and is stable.

I then changed the connection to the ipads and MBp back to 2.4GHz and that connection now is stable but not quite as fast.
The wireless connection to the Mac Mini is still at 5GHz.

I'm in a redidential neighbourhood in a single family housebut I can "see" six other WiFi routers on my Mac.
I'm wondering if the drop outs at 5GHz are caused by interferance from other routers at that frquency.
So the question - can I somehow tell with my Mac if the other WiFi routers I see are transmitting on 2.4 or 5 GHz?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2nyRNVw

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire