jeudi 11 janvier 2018

High Sierra and interesting info

Upgraded to HS in early Dec after getting swamped with shoves by Apple to do so. Started having problems with Photos (iphotos, PhotoBooth, Facetime) where attempting to use software immediately crashed my 2012 Mac Book Pro.
Could NOT get to Recovery. Hard to boot.... tried all listed tips. Machine would shut down if not used for a while (1-2 hrs).

Fast forward.... have been coping until Tuesday when I took machine into repair place (Apple authorized) where they informed me that they were receiving MANY complaints about HS OS (I was 3rd in line!) and they would have to update my firmware. I questioned this and was told I could not get appropriate firmware and they needed to charge me.

Called today to pickup machine and told my Graphics Board was shot and my computer was trash. (This info didn't show up in checking the Hardware status.)

I'm using the broken computer and while I assume it will crash again at some point. The install to the new OS and the graphics card fail seemed to be paired.

Anyone want to speculate (as I shop for a new machine)?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2Ex9wU3

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire