samedi 21 mai 2016

Backing Up Apple Photos Library

Until recently, I could easily back up my photo library onto an external hard drive simply by dragging and dropping it. Then, I would say replace (or whatever it was). The whole thing would get copied. I'm using a Mac Mini (see specs below).

Recently, I have been getting a message that says that it already exists. Of course, the message only pops up after it's about 90% finished copying - which is a long time because I have nearly 200 GB of photos!!!

I can't figure out what is wrong. I have even deleted my back up from that hard drive. So, there isn't even a photo library by the same name in the partition.

Now, I can't back up my photos. Any suggestions?

I'm attaching some screen shots to help. Also, for more information, I don't put them into my Time Machine backup because it is too big for that partition and I used to keep the photos only on the external drive, but switched when I got a big enough hard drive on my Mini.

The 2nd photo shows my photo libraries, as I was considering creating a new library with a new name, but then wasn't sure if that would be a good solution or just complicate matters. However, I did discover that they library that says "system photo library" was the library on the external drive and when that library failed to copy, it no longer shows a "system photo library". Is this a clue???



via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/25fH846

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire