mardi 21 juin 2016

IP address issue

At work I have a mac mini that runs our Epson proofer (Epson 9900 44" printer). It has the software on this computer, but I can install software on any other mac or windows computer in the building so they connect to the mac mini and can print. The issue I am having is it has a specific IP address. I am getting the error message you see in the screen shot, but what does not make sense to me is the IP address of the mac mini is correct. The Mac Mini is on wifi, and uses ethernet to direct connection to the Epson.

What is going on here? I am hardly an expert with networks, and usually find Apple is pretty simple, but in this case I am really scratching my head.



**solved**


turns out the problem was right in front of me the whole time. My iPad mini was using the IP address. I thought if it was in use another machine would automatically use a new IP address. Turned the iPad off, restarted the Mac Mini and everything is now right as rain.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/28LJbCJ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire