lundi 20 juin 2016

Need Help choosing new router!

My current router a TP-Link is beginning to fail, getting more frequent random dropped internet connections. Have checked with my ISP & confirmed our computers are OK, just the router as the only culprit.

I have a list of features that I feel I need, and the Synology rt1900ac looks like it might be a good choice

Possible to access router & attached storage remotely from iPad ( Mac OS stuff -not critical)
Dual Band WiFi - we also have an Apple Time Capsule connected - extends WiFi.
Latest Wireless network standard (802.11ac) - I noticed some of the cheaper routers are N standard only)
Web base operating system software ("Sinology Router Manager”) looks good - I have not tested this, but
it appears to be something I can easily use. - from my iMac.
Management software looks like something I can understand & use
Ability to connect a USB 3.0 drive (My Book existing 4tb) - use as NAS - I’m considering moving my
iTunes video library [2.5TB] to a NAS, from my iMac, currently on an external G-Technology drive which is giving me problems.
Work with Time Machine - as an alternative option
Work as iTunes server for family network - important consideration. I understand that Synology has
good iTunes compatible software.

Anyone have any experience with this router?
Any suggestions will be appreciated


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/28JRraU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire