samedi 18 mars 2017

Mac user in need of Windows solution

I'm in need of some practical advice.

I've been a dedicated mac user for over a decade, and suddenly find myself needing to use Windows for the Canadian version of Quickbooks desktop. I don't have the option to use on online version, or another accounting software, as that involves changing accountants, etc. Some problems are just not worth having.

Right now, I mainly use an iMac for work and a little 11" air for casual stuff. I thought of loading windows on the air, but the resolution is just too low to be usable for work as far as I'm concerned. Also, the idea of putting Windows on my iMac makes me cringe.

So I'd like to get another machine to be used primarily for Windows. I've considered some older Thinkpads, but am having too much trouble finding one with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Even the 1600 x 900 versions have proven difficult to find.
I'm looking at a budget of about $500, as I don't want to invest too much in this Windows project.

Other high resolution laptops seem to exceed my budget. I'm starting to think I'll have to settle for some kind of Windows based desktop. I have a monitor already and can get mouse, keyboard used.

What do you guys do if you need to regularly run Windows? Running Parallels or some kind of VMware on my iMac sounds unappealing. Are there any other good options?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2n0uC7j

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire