vendredi 31 mars 2017

SSD not showing up in disk utility

I have a Samsung 850EVO 250 gb SSD that I used as a secondary hard drive in my Win 10 PC at home. I had an issue with Windows 10 about 8 months ago and did a clean install. In the process I wiped the drive clean when formatting the main SSD for a new install of Win 10. Since then Win 10 would never see the second drive to even give me an option to format. I pulled it out yesterday and brought it to work to try formatting it with Disk Utility via a toaster dock connected via USB 2 to an iMac running El Capitan.

The drive would not even show up in Disk Utility, it only shows the main drive. The toaster dock does work, as soon as I plugged in the backup drive it showed up in disk utility.

Is the SSD dead or is there something else I can do to try and get this SSD to mount so I can reformat?


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2nmP9Qd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire