mardi 15 août 2017

Any way to find password on encrypted external?

Hi,

I have an external drive that launches fine on my Mac Mini but is looking for a password when I connect it to my MacBook pro.

Both Macs ar running the same OS, El Capitan.

I assume I originally had the password to open the hard drive on the Mini but can't remember for the life of me what it is now.

After I open the external drive on the Mini, is there any place I can check what the password is?
If I do a right click on the external (on my desktop) I have an option to "decrypt" that external. I suppose I could do that and then encrypt it again with a new password but I'm a bit hesitant to do that since I can't afford to somehow screw up the drive or the info on it.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2wcafct

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire