mardi 8 août 2017

upgrading 2012 iMac hard drive

One of the computers at work is a 2012 iMac, the first of the slim models with no super drive. It is used for prepress and graphics using Adobe CC (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop). It has a traditional hard drive which can be very slow at times, seems to move like a turtle to me but I am using a 5k iMac with 1TB flash drive so anything less is unbearable.

Anyways, I was thinking I should upgrade the hard drive to an SSD, but prices are a bit high for that and not sure if there is any direct swap of a regular hard drive to an SSD, as well as fan issues.

Will this machine support a fusion drive? I am assuming yes but want to be sure. Second, does Apple do these kind of swaps? It has always felt like pulling nails to get any information for upgrades or work done on a computer that was not in warranty.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/2ulI7Ul

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire