mardi 30 septembre 2014

The Beer Thread

So, I'm a huge craft beer fan, an unapologetic beer snob & have been doing my best over the course of the last 6 or 7 years to contribute to the downfall of mainstream fizzy yellow beer sales.



There aren't that many craft beer breweries in Alberta, more in BC, fewer in Sask. As such I spend much of each summer in brewery heavy Montana, sourcing new breweries, trying new brews & re-visiting old friends. I keep a home grown Numbers spreadsheet on my iPhone (synched to my desktop computer), detailing everything from brewery name, address, etc., to their beers I've tasted, the ingredients, ABV, IBU, date of tasting, etc. Yes, a little OC...



Last year I counted up the new beers I'd had for 2013 & it numbered 300. I thought, what the hell, how about a new beer a day for 2014? Currently at 345, I think it's a shoe-in. All told, I've had around 1500 craft beers from all over the world (I tasted around 200 before I hit upon the idea of actually keeping track). It's a great hobby.



Also have a small circle of friends who get together on a whenever basis to try new brews. Sometimes there's as few as two of us, some times as many as half a dozen.



I wanted to start this thread to talk about craft beer, the breweries, the people, home brews, anything to do with beer in general & craft beer in particular.



Have at 'er!





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/YNuV5C

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire