jeudi 25 septembre 2014

iPad2 - ios8 - Mavericks, iTunes unable to sync.

I have an iPad 2 just updated to ios8 by way of connecting it to iTunes via USB to my iMac running Mavericks. All latest updates have been installed on all machines and devices.



iTunes starts by backing up the iPad, then determining apps to sync, then starts syncing the first app; and then it stays in that screen forever. It does not progress to syncing the second app at all. I left the machine like this for four hours and it's the same status.



What all I tried before posting here :



In iTunes I restored the iPad to factory settings and started from scratch. It restored to ios8, then I set up iCloud etc. on the iPad itself while still connected by USB, then started the sync process again from iTunes. Same exact result.



I then disconnected the USB, went into iPad settings and reset all settings and data, essentially bringing it back to factory settings. I then connected the iPad2 to the iMac by USB and started the sync - still the exact same thing happening.



Finally I ran permission repair on the iMac (don't know why, I just did it), and tried - same problem.



I am at my wits' end. The iPad seems to be working normally otherwise, the iMc is also working normally otherwise. Is there anything else I can try? I am obviously out of AppleCare, and there are no Apple Stores in India. There are so-called authorised resellers etc., but they will not touch an iDevice that was not bought in India, and even if they did, they do not know how to do anything other than the very basics that I already know how to do.



One thing that I am worried about now is, if the problem happens to be with iTunes or the iMac, then I cannot sync my iPhone5 or my wife's iPhone 5! I am terrified to trying to sync those now to see - in case they go kaput too, I am screwed.



Cheers





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1vjQt4M

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire