samedi 20 septembre 2014

Can't Boot Past Apple Logo

My MacBook Air decided to call it quits last night.



Won't get past the Apple logo.



Here's what I've tried so far:



- Boot into Safemode (doesn't work)

- Reset PRAM

- Reset SMC

- Boot in Recovery mode, repair permissions and disk

- Run Hardware diagnostics (by holding D while booting)



I thought it was being caused by installing Blackberry Link, because as soon as I rebooted after doing that, that's when it wouldn't get past the Apple logo.



So I created a partition in one of my external HDDs and installed the OS on there to boot from. Once in there, I deleted all files associated with RIM or Blackberry, and restarted, but it still won't boot.



Right now I'm trying to figure out how to back up all of my apps and settings. During the set up, I skipped using the Migration Assistant. However, I've tried using it now, while running in the OS, and it just crashes, it won't start.



So I can copy my documents, pictures, etc, but all of my Applications, System Settings, etc will be lost if I have to format the drive and start from scratch.



Are there any other things I can try before I have to do that?





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1qUXWZK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire