dimanche 14 septembre 2014

iPhone / iPad Hotspot to ethernet connection ??

I have a device that collects and sends data to a website that enables me to monitor equipment through a web page. The device is extremely basic and only has an ethernet port that connects directly to a website via a dsl connection.



I do not have internet at the location where the equipment is located, so I periodically bring the unit home to upload the data to the website, were it is analyzed and problems can be diagnosed.



I do have an iPhone 5 with data plan, and also an iPad with cellular that also has a data plan.



I would like to be able to connect (wireless tether) my iPad or iPhone to the device when I am on site so the device can upload the information via my data plans.



SO, I am looking for something that will automatically connect to the iPhone or iPad and provide an internet connection via Ethernet cable to the device.



I explained this to a sales person at a local source and he sold me a D'Link DIR-605l wireless router. I have spent 2 days trying to set it up to connect to my phone or iPads hot spot with no luck,, I am going to return it in a couple days.



Has anyone accomplished this, is it possible??



Thanks





via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1tTkSGc

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire