dimanche 24 avril 2016

2016 Becel Ride for Heart

Last year's ride was soooo much fun. It was cold. It poured rain. But it was extremely satisfying and I must be a glutton for punishment because I’m riding again this year!

I’ve registered for the Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart in support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and I’m raising money to help Canadians live longer fuller, lives.

As some of you may know, I lost my own brother Kevin almost 8 years ago to heart disease. Theresa’s (my partner) Mom passed away this past August. She was a 10 year stroke survivor.

This past January, thanks to the generosity of my previous sponsors I had the pleasure of attending a VIP appreciation night. One of the speakers was Dr. Dan Selchen, a researcher who is part of the ESCAPE Trial breakthrough, where a new treatment represents a revolution in stroke care and cuts death rate in half. His team’s efforts are funded in part by the monies raised from the Ride for Heart.

There was an added personal connection to meeting Dr. Selchen. It turned out that he was the doctor that treated Theresa’s Mom when she had her stroke 10 years ago.

Please help me reach my fundraising goal of $1,500 by making a donation today! It’s fast, secure and easy. To support me in my ride, please click on the link below to reach my personal fundraising page.

With your support, the Heart and Stroke Foundation can continue to:

Empower Canadians to make positive changes and prevent disease
Save lives at the moment a health emergency strikes
Promote recovery, where and when it’s needed
Thank you so much for your support. Every little bit helps Canadians live longer, fuller lives.

Sincerely,
Steve Smith

To donate, cick here to visit my personal page.


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1TrtEJH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire