vendredi 8 avril 2016

MacBooK Pro won't boot up!

I've been working on a keynote presentation for an important and large public meeting tomorrow evening. Yesterday my MBP started to freeze up during keynote use.
Had to hold power button to power down and rebooted several times.
Now it will not boot up at all past the gray screen with the apple logo. The gear icon spins non-stop. And I have to hard power down to start up again.

I didn't back up this important keynote presentation to a back up drive. (Don't go there, please!) I had emailed an earlier version to the customer as a converted powerpoint so they could see it. But power point substitutes fonts and looks crappy. I need to present with keynote file from on my MBP.

I googled the problem and have made numerous attempts to fix the problem. Here is what HAS NOT worked when I started up -
- Safe mode.
- Reset P Ram - Command/P/R keys held at start up. Gives me a gray screen only with gears spinning for 5-10 minutes.
- Shift+Command+V keys - Gets me a round circle with a slash symbol in a black screen with lots of white text.
Bottom line says "still waiting for root device" which keeps repeating until I power down again.
- Command+S keys. Gets me a black screen with white text. And "still waiting for root device" text line at bottom of screen.
- Option D for hardware test(?). Says "internet recovery" on a gray screen and nothing happens further.
- Command+Option+P+R keys. let it chime 10 times. Stays at gray screen. No results.
- Tried booting from a Snow Leopard Install CD by holding C key at start up. Wanted to use Disk Utility to repair disk. Only see gray screen and no start up CD. I can hear the CD winding up and winding down. But can't access it.
Had to power on with Eject (arrow) key to eject CD.

I'm hoping this is a software issue and not a hard drive failure. The spinning gear can't find what it has to? Running out of time! :-(

HELP!

15" Mac Book Pro. OSX10.8.5


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/1SlgNW4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire