mercredi 13 avril 2016

#42

I know that I am early in this posting since it was on April 15, 1947, that Jack Robinson made his major league debut for the Brooklyn Dodgers. On April 15th, 1997, Robinson's jersey number, #42, was retired throughout Major League Baseball. In 2009, all uniformed personnel (players, managers, coaches, and umpires) wore number 42 on April 15th. And the tradition shall continue this Friday.

As an avid New York Giant baseball fan, I was allowed to boo any and all Dodgers ................ except for Jack Robinson. My mother felt that he was too important and courageous a man to boo. Luckily, I had the opportunity to see him play in both Ebbets Field and The Polo Grounds.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jrobinson.jpg (9.9 KB)
File Type: jpg Jack Robinson.jpg (81.6 KB)


via ehMac.ca http://ift.tt/22vywj9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire