mardi 30 juillet 2013

Cost to replace an EOS M sensor

Just an FYI, if you damage the sensor in your EOS M it will cost the same as buying a brand new EOS M, kit lens and flash. Cost with taxes and shipping was over $400 cdn!



I had a spec of something on the sensor when I bought an open stock kit the other day, thinking it was a bit of spit or water drop I took the camera out to Canon Mississauga. Oh and btw Canon does not consider the EOS M to be an EOS camera so it actually has to go to their 3rd party repair facility in Whitby. Anyhow after cleaning the sensor they sent an email to tell me that there was some sort of mark left behind on the sensor and that to bring the camera back to 100% it would cost $434.87. I declined the repair and will see just how bad the sensor is. In the mean time I called the shop I bought it from but I could have screwed them because Canon now has the sn so depending on how much of a mark is left on the sensor the camera is probably not salable and I'm not sure if it's returnable. Do have the credit card extended warranty though not sure how that will work.



Anyhow two important things to note, open box stock is not covered under Canon's warranty and that means store demos. I did not know this. And sensor cleanings are also not covered under warranty, which makes sense though Canon come to the paper to clean our Pro gear for free so go figure.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=107778&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire