dimanche 21 juillet 2013

Mac Pro 1,1 bad RAM riser tray???

When I got up this morning my MacPro 1,1 had turned off, with the power button unresponsive.



My first response was to remove all peripherals, open the machine and clean it. No go.

I next checked the RAM. I had forgotten that the machine was plugged in, so I pulled the top RAM tray while it was still on. The computer started up immediately without my even pushing the start button and is functioning perfectly.



I swapped RAM riser trays and the "good" tray is recognized in both slots, while the "bad" tray kills the computer, with or without RAM.



A bad RAM riser tray? Did I just get lucky and the RAM riser tray is fried?



Any insight?





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=107170&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire