samedi 20 juillet 2013

ehMac Code Of Conduct

Honestly, I'm always calm but this pretty much annoyed me moments ago.



20DDan had a thread selling a 17" MBP, pics and all and essentially boasting that it was an awesome unit. Looked great indeed. kelman chimes in saying that there are similar deals right from Apple etc...



20DDan defends his sale stating the unit had a new screen etc.. and that it came with all this s/w. whatever.



I chime in saying that the market for used laptops is tougher than ever, esp to a very schooled audience like on the ehMac boards, as we oft discuss new units and price points, but I wish him best of luck as I have the same lap.



he then proceeds to mock me in a Priv Mess:




Quote:








DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

***************************



Dear HenriHelvetica,



You have received a new private message at ehMac.ca from 20DDan, entitled "LMFAO".



To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

http://www.ehmac.ca/private.php



This is the message that was sent:

***************

I hope you weren't serious... I see no supreme geniuses on EhMac! I don't need your luck with my sale or any of EhMac buyers. Erudite... Hahaha!

***************



Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

http://www.ehmac.ca/private.php



All the best,

ehMac.ca



whatever. I actually reply:




Quote:








no offense 20Dan. Just telling you just as someone else chimed in about the refurbs and all. Someone else was pricing a lap in a diff thread, that they were trying to sell and the same convo came up. b/w Refurbs and the market now, not the easiest. Just my opinion. I've been on these boards over 10 yrs (prev under diff name), and saw the used market change. sorry you took offense to it. I have the same lap - 2.93 17".



Have you not dropped the $ already?



good luck either way.



cheers.



Again, my original reply was made in the spirit of community and advice since, as of yesterday's post @ 7.44am in that same thread, it still wasn't sold.



But I was a little surprised at the PM.



I got back to the original thread, only to see that he took it down. it went to everything being a . to sold to now a blank. Whatever.



But the straw that broke the camel's back, was the insulting post I saw moments after that, as I congratulated whomever bought this awesome Pismo - which happened to be him.




Quote:








Here is the message that has just been posted:

***************



---Quote (Originally by HenriHelvetica)---

*hand clap*.



GREAT unit. One day, i'll get one again.

---End Quote---

**** off ya ****ing bully! If you are bored go eat some ****... I don't need you criticizing my every move!

***************





There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.



All the best,

ehMac.ca



Really?? Is this how it all goes down now?? Go from offering some advice to F-bombing??



I hope ehMac admins have something to say about this. I've seen ppl have respectful quarrels here, but this is pathetic and puerile @ best.



If you don't respect the board or the community, you're more than welcome to post somewhere else 20DDan, to get that sale you so desperately seek. We all offer each other advice and recos here. Have been since inception, and hopefully will stay that way. Again, I was just taken aback but the hurled insult.



Anyhow, just had to vent for a short moment.



Now, back to being my jovial and sharing, advice loving self.





via ehMac.ca http://www.ehmac.ca/showthread.php?t=107138&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire